Returns using the foodstamp tender
If the return is to Foodstamp or EBT when using integrated credit card processing through Mercury, then the cashier will:
- Press Foodstamp button, the Food Stamp Payment screen displays
- Edit the $ amount listed (if needed)
- Enter Reference number from the original sales receipt (is applied automatically if returned with an invoice)
- Press EBT to apply refund, the receipt prints, the cash drawer opens, and the change screen displays
- Or Press Cancel to exit the payment screen
If the return is to foodstamp when NOT using integrated credit card processing through Mercury, then the cashier will:
- Press Foodtamp button, the foodstamp screen displays:
- The food stamp eligible $ amount is listed. If the $ amount is 0.00, then no items are marked as food stamp eligible.
- The Paid field is defaulted with the return $ amount. This can be edited, if needed.
- Press OK button, the cash drawer opens, the receipt prints, and the change due screen displays.
- Or press the Cancel button to exit the foodstamp screen.
- Foodstamp Return